Friday, February 27, 2009

Kris Allen


     So, I've never been much of an idol watcher. I mean, I have watched the tryout portion of the show a few times, but I have never followed a season like I have this season. And that's simply because of Kris Allen!! It's really neat to see someone like that on national television--to read about him in the tabloids, etc. If anyone is deserving to be on that show, it's Kris! I don't know him personally but I have only ever heard wonderful things about him. And his wife is absolutely precious!!! I teared up watching her reaction when he was announced as Top 12 last night! It was just so adorable. I will continue to watch and vote like crazy and I hope that he makes it far!!! WOOHOO

     I love that I can actually play a part in him making it far on the show--I mean, maybe my votes don't make a huge difference, but it's a difference none the less. It's been really inspiring to watch how Conway has pulled together to support Kris! People are coming together to host watch parties and vote. There have been flyers made, news segments, radio announcements, etc! I mean, I was in one of my nursing classes the other day and someone had written an announcement for him on the marker board. How cool is that? K-life is also a HUGE supporter of Kris!! Love it.

     I think it speaks mountains that he has made it this far with as little air time as he has had thus far. I mean, at the beginning of the show and in hollywood--we were straining our eyes, pausing the DVR and saying "Is that him?! Is that the back of his head??" You wouldn't even know who he was if he hadn't made it to the top 36! But, his voice and performance have gotten him through--which is what it should be. Yay Kris!!!


Here's a video of him singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"--I snagged it off "Joe's Place Blog"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that song will always remind me of Dee's wedding. . .so I will always have a smile on my face. . .so as you can tell I have a smile on my face. . .thanks for putting that there! miss you a lot!!!!!