Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Broken

     My heart is heavy tonight. After a long (and amazing) conversation with Adam, I am just so much more aware of how prevalent broken relationships are. Marriages and relationships (friend and romantic) are definitely one of Satan's biggest targets. I really believe this. Just look at the divorce rate for America. Outstanding. Ridiculous. But so, so painful. My art aches for the relationships I see around me that are just broken. Plain and simple. They are lacking. I want so badly to "fix" the problems, but I can't. I can only pray and believe that Christ will heal them. More specifically, for healing for those two halves of the relationship. Broken people make broken relationships. It is only through Christ that relationships can be made whole. 
     But what does that even look like? What does it mean for Christ to live in our relationships? What does it mean to let Christ "heal" us? I know it starts with an open heart and A LOT of prayer. It has to be fueled by hope and belief that Christ will prevail. I know it takes determination and a heck of lot of perseverance. It takes the realization that we are broken, and acknowledging that the only hope comes from Christ. It teaks us releasing control over what we want our relationship to look like and allowing Him to lead. Wow. What a huge step!! I struggle with this everyday!! Letting him lead. I can only wonder how frustrated He gets with me each day!! Often, I don't even THINK about who is guiding my steps, I just do it. I am a hot mess, Jesus!!! Most importantly, it takes us stopping and listening for His will. The Lord often speaks in a gentle whisper. A whisper that gets easily overpowered by our daily lives. 
    Sorry if this post seems jumbled, it's just what is on my heart at the present moment. This fact has tugged at my heart strings for quite some time!! I wish so badly for relationships to be perfect and whole and complete this side of Heaven. But at least it's something we have to look forward too. God promises our bodies will be whole and complete, and I personally believe that relationships are not exempt from this fact!! I have faith that they will be "revamped" as well!! Praise the Lord!! 

No comments: