Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rest

I have been done with school for a week now and I could not be more happy. With this break, I find myself with time. Time for sleep, lots of reflection, reading, and just relaxing. I used to write poetry all the time in high school and I found myself inspired the other day. I have decided to share it with you all, something I don't normally do but I thought I would, so enjoy.

     I remember moments of bliss. 

Moments where you were all I wanted and needed. You were the only thing in sight, and I was happy. 

But those moments have withered and fallen, like autumn leaves.

 And now I feel barren, 

                                                                             empty, 

naked. 

I reach out, in many different directions, searching. Wanting. Hoping. I long to be found. To be touched. To be desired. 

I feel light, I see rays peaking through the thick, billowing clouds. 

But one quick glance at my shriveled soul, and I am searching again. 

The sky rumbles, as icy cold drops begin to fall, 

slip, 

        slosh, 

                   and slide down my back. 

I wait patiently for a break, a peace, silence. But these rain drops keep on falling…

    

No comments: