Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wow

So, I'm sure many of you have heard me tell this story (because it is so freaking crazy), but I think it's blogworthy and felt compelled to post it. 

True Story.
     So, I was in my cousin's wedding this weekend (she was absolutely gorgeous btw!) in Missouri. It was so fun being there and being able to be a part of her big day. I don't get to spend enough time with her!! Anywho, so the ceremony goes great, I'm sobbing of course, attempting to cry "pretty" (we all know that never works in real life). During the reception though, is when the craziness happens. The reception was a sit down dinner and the wedding party was seated on a table on stage. Well, everyone else was below at round tables staggered throughout the auditorium. 
I walked out of the room for a minute, and as I was walking back in, I noticed a commotion at one of the round tables. I walk closer, and hear Tim, the groomm yell "She's choking! Somebody help!!" Then I hear someone yell "Call 911." So I rush over, and somehow end up being the one to give her the hiemlich. So here I am, in the middle of the auditorium, in my bridesmaid dress, pumping this lady's stomach!!! She was taller and bigger than me, but apparently I had lifted this lady off of the ground several times! I do'nt really remember much. Praise Jesus for giving me the strength and courage to do that.  I really don't know how long I was doing the heimlich, and I don't remember much after that. I just now that she was okay and could breathe again. She had choked on a piece of bread, of all things! It was definitely one crazy experience. I have taken CPR courses for years but I never expected to do these things in real life. 
    After everythign was over, I just immediately started bawling. It was kind of comical. I had no idea why I was crying. It was just like a flood of emotions all at once. I mean, I was abosolutely terrified she wouldn't stop choking and then I would have to do CPR or something. So I think it was a huge relief, too, when it was all over. Unfortunately, I was spent after this occurance and spent the rest of the night icing my arm haha. Apparently lifting someone twice your size can hurt your wimpy arm muscles ;)
Ps. Sorry for the typos, my spellcheck is not working. Ooops.


No comments: